Expanded Airline Capacity, Renewed Resorts and Attractions Among What's New in the Florida Keys & Key West for Fall 2023
September 07, 2023 • KW Tourist
In the Florida Keys & Key West, Fall 2023 promises a blend of outdoor festivities, immersive activities, and significant enhancements. Key highlights include:
- Airline Expansion: Key West International Airport sees a surge in seat capacity with airlines such as JetBlue, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines expanding routes from various major cities. The airport is also undergoing a substantial Concourse A expansion, set to finish by summer 2025.
- Hotel & Resort Renovations:
- The renowned Casa Marina Key West is unveiling a grand renovation featuring vibrant décor, improved food and beverage outlets, and extended event spaces.
- Ocean Key Resort & Spa introduces the refurbished Flamingo Royale Suite, characterized by its tropical ambience and oceanfront balcony.
- Mel Fisher Maritime Museum presents the "1622: Wealthy World" exhibit, displaying artifacts from significant shipwrecks.
- The Key West Lighthouse and Keeper’s Quarters Museum reopens after restoration, offering picturesque views and sunset experiences.
- The historic Key West Firehouse marks its 10th anniversary with new exhibits and activities.
- Fleming Street in Key West initiates monthly First Fridays, emphasizing “sip and shop” experiences.
- Bicycling: Key Lime Bike Tours rolls out a new Sunset Bicycle Tour, combining history, sightseeing, and entertainment.
- Marina: The forthcoming Happy Landings Marina in Key West will accommodate 75 vessels, boasting an array of amenities with future expansion plans.
As the Florida Keys celebrate their bicentennial throughout 2023, these enhancements underline the region's commitment to offering rich experiences to its visitors.