Captain Mark Schmidt has been engaged in light tackle sport fishing and fly-fishing in the Lower Keys and Key West since 1980, offering a friendly and stress-free environment for all levels of anglers. Fishing with him, one might:
- Experience catching a variety of fish species.
- Revel in the beauty of the pristine waters teeming with birds, turtles, and porpoises.
- Enjoy lunch on the remote keys of the Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico.
Aboard his boats - the "Sun Dancer", a Conch 27' center console for reef, wreck and offshore fishing, and the Dolphin 18' Back Country Pro - many world records have been set. He prides himself on helping novices reel in their first trophy fish. Moreover, fishing in Key West is unique due to the convergence of the Atlantic Ocean and Gulf of Mexico, making for a wide variety of fish including:
- Sailfish, tuna and other offshore species.
- Grouper and snapper on the seabed.
- Tarpon, bonefish and permit in the flats.
- Barracuda, sharks, jacks, cobia, and kingfish.
Schmidt's rates, while not publicly listed, are competitive. A typical outing can be a full or half day on the water, with each outing being unique and rates tailored to individual needs. Also available are custom charters which may include sightseeing in addition to fishing. Inclusions on all trips are:
- Fishing license
- Ice / Cooler for food and drinks
Contact him for custom packages and rates tailored to your needs at: captmarkschmidt.com